Help save a life...Give Today!
|The Community Blood
Center of Kansas City
needs your donations today
Community Blood Center Kansas City
* Community Blood Center needs 580 donors each day to meet area hospitals' needs.
* Community Blood Center collected approximately 13,000 units of blood in its first year of operation, 1958.
* Community Blood Center has collected nearly 2,000,000 pints of blood since opening in 1958.
* Community Blood Center sends out almost 3,600 units of blood components each week to treat patients in over 75 area hospitals.
* Since opening in 1958, over 800,000 people have received blood donated at Community Blood Centers.
* By just making one donation, you can help as many as two patients. Your blood can be divided into blood components - , plasma and red cells.
* Over 99% of the blood collected by CBC stays in our community.
* The Community Blood Center relies solely on volunteer blood donors to meet the community's blood needs.
* Blood products have a limited shelf life.