District Report Cards Are Out
Today, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) released District Report Cards for the state of Missouri.
Liberty’s Report Card is here:
More information about Liberty Schools is here:
Great Schools for a Great Community
More Outside Confirmation
• Liberty Public Schools has the highest overall scores on Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) in the Kansas City Metropolitan area and the highest Missouri scores in 6th grade Communication Arts. Liberty High School MAP and ACT (23.0) scores are among the state’s best.
• Liberty named a Missouri High Performing District the last five years
• The Liberty Board of Education was recently was named the 2006 Outstanding Missouri Board. Last year, they won Top Five Missouri School Boards honors.
• Liberty has been awarded over $1 million in outside funding for new and innovative programs in math and science instruction this past year.
• Overwhelming community school support helped pass two major bonds with 83 percent “yes” votes. “Education Excellence” is an acknowledged high priority in the Liberty community.
• Liberty Schools earned Congressional recognition for its safety programs
• National and State awards include:
National Pacemaker Awards in LHS Journalism and Broadcasting; National School Library Media Program of the Year Award Winner; National Champion in Forensics; State Champions in Scholar Bowl, Theatre, Softball, Cross Country, and Track. National "Salute" District (one of only three) for Technology Program
• Liberty won the Missouri Commissioner's Award of Excellence for Professional Development. Liberty’s pay scale, benefits package and ongoing support for teachers have made it a “Destination District” for both beginning and experienced teachers.
• Liberty has been awarded the nation’s highest recognition for budget preparation and communication, the Meritorious Budget Award, for the past four years.
• Liberty Public Schools has the region’s only 24/7 student-produced cable TV station in the Missouri Metropolitan area. Liberty is an acknowledged state leader in the use of digital technology in both education and communication.
• As far as we know, Liberty High School is the only high school in the nation with live streaming video 24/7 that includes live academic, athletic, political and social events.
• Foreign language instruction K-5 and full-day Kindergarten are featured in all elementary schools.
• Students compete in 18 different sports. Since 1997, Liberty ranks second in Final Four appearances among all public Missouri high schools.
Contact Jim Dunn, email@example.com or at 816.736.5317 if you have any questions about the report card or Liberty Public Schools.
|Add This Article To:|